- Wish List Fulfillment - locate donors for items from our wish list to bring to our shelter. This is a great way for children to directly help our pets by finding them toys, blankets, litter, etc. and it gives them a wonderful feeling of generosity and pride!
- Shelter Spokesperson - pass out general information flyers or special notices regarding upcoming shelter events like Santa Pictures, Gift Wrapping, Garage Sales, etc. They can also print pictures of our animals and pass them out to classmates and friends to show off our wonderful pets.
- Classroom Organizers - talk to classes at their school about the shelter and encourage them to "adopt" the CTSPCA as a community project. They can hold a coloring contest (winners posted on our website) and raise donations or gather items from our wish list. They can schedule a visit from our Humane Education Coordinator for a fun filled moment of puppy love and education from our shelter spokesdogs!
- Groundskeepers - organize a shelter beautification project. Your child's classroom, troop or other groups can schedule time to come out and plant flowers, bushes or even pull weeds to help keep our shelter a beautiful and happy place for our pets. We welcome birdfeeder projects and wildlife areas too!
- Treat Bakers - bake organic treats for our pets! There are many dog biscuit and treat recipes that can be baked at home or as a group to donate to our pets.
More Pee Wee Youth Volunteer Information
More Pee Wee Youth Volunteer Information: Some suggested activities are listed here to give you an idea of how valuable Pee Wee Youth Volunteer time is to the CTSPCA!